Join the Junior Friends The Junior Friends of the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library is a youth organization that participates in events to help the community. The Junior Friends also serves as the voice for teen issues in the library. Being a Junior Friend gives one valuable experience as a volunteer, which may help with future employment and with college. What we do:
- Conduct story times
- Help with the Homework Assistance Program
- Help with the Quarterly Book sale
- Help in the Bookstore
- Help with the Summer Reading Program
- Conduct special programs - e.g. Easter Egg Hunt and Halloween Mystery Theater.
- Give input and suggestions to the library concerning teen related activities, the design of the teen webpage, selection of books and other materials for the Young Adult section, and the design and décor of the Young Adult area.
Membership: Membership is open to anyone from age 14 to 18. For details call (626) 307-1368, email the Teen Librarian at email@example.com, or visit the reference desk for a volunteer form. The Junior Friends can give you the opportunity to display your talents to the community. If you love music, arts, sports, writing, public speaking, or are just plain creative here is your chance meet others with similar interests and shine together.