Materials for Public Distribution
The Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library Board of Trustees’ Materials for Public Distribution Policy is to provide fair and equitable access for all to distribute materials in the limited space available.
The purpose of the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Memorial Library is to provide materials and facilities for cultural enrichment, education, information and research, and recreation. Library staff gathers information and materials on a variety of topics. This is provided as a service to the community, however, the library accepts no responsibility for these materials.
- All items for distribution must be approved in advance by Reference Desk staff.
- Space is limited. Preference is given to Monterey Park City and nonprofit organizations in or serving Monterey Park.
- Candidates for local, nonpartisan elected office may have informational materials regarding their candidacy in the library. Pro and con literature on ballot issues also may be made available. The library accepts no responsibility for these materials and in no way endorses any candidate or issue. Materials can be put out no more than 75 days prior to the election. Materials will be removed one day after the election and will be discarded.
- If the Reference Desk staff does not approve a request, the applicant may appeal to the City Librarian.
- The Library Board of Trustees and City Librarian reserve the right to deny distribution of materials.
- The Library Board of Trustees is the final authority for the implementation of the provisions of this policy and the related administrative procedures. Any requests for exceptions or waivers to these policies and procedures must be written and submitted at least one month in advance to the Library Board of Trustees for its consideration at its regular meeting.