Library Cards/Fines & Fees
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2010
LIBRARY CARD HOLDER INFORMATION:
- Applicants must present a valid California Driver's License or ID or both a photo ID and verification of home address.
- Library card holder is responsible for everything checked out on his or her card.
- There is no charge for the first library card.
- The Library card holder must make sure items are returned on or before the due date or pay the resulting overdue fines.
- The Library card holder cannot check out materials if he or she has overdue items or has any outstanding fines or fees.
- Items can be renewed once as long as there are no holds or fees on the item, and the Library card holder has no fines.
FINES AND FEES: (See schedule below)
- The maximum overdue fine is the library’s cost of the item or $12.00 for children’s materials and $24.00 for adult/YA materials – whichever is less, and the item must be returned.
- Lost items are charged the Library's cost plus a processing fee. If no cost is available, the default cost applies.
- Materials not reparable and/or not in usable condition are charged as a damaged item. The Library will retain the item.
- If a replacement copy is accepted by the selector, a processing fee will be charged.
- If a person damages or tries to steal library materials, library equipment or property, the person or the parents/guardian will be charged the replacement cost of the item plus the processing fee. The person will not be able to keep the item. The Police may take additional action, as vandalism and theft are considered crimes.
REFUNDS - Refunds for lost items are granted within one year of payment under the following conditions:
- Item returned is in good condition as determined by Library staff.
- The overdue fine or processing fee, whichever is greater, is deducted from the amount to be refunded.
- Refund checks are mailed to the Library card holder (no cash refunds).
Fines and Fees Schedule
|CIRCULATION MATERIALS||LOAN PERIOD||FEES||FINE||DEFAULT COST FOR
LOST AND DAMAGED ITEMS*
|Adult Fiction||21 Days||$.25/Day||$34.00|
|Adult Fiction (New)||7 Days||.25/Day||34.00|
|Adult Non-Fiction||21 Days||.25/Day||52.00|
|Adult Non-Fiction (New)||7 Days||.25/Day||52.00|
|Adult Paperback (uncataloged)||21 Days||.25/Day||13.50|
|Children’s Book||21 Days||.25/Day||29.00|
|Children's Book/Cassette Set||21 Days||.25/Day||29.00|
|Children's Magazines||7 Days||.25/Day||10|
|Children's Paperback (uncataloged)||21 Days||.25/Day||11.00|
|Compact Disk (CD)||21 Days||.25/Day||29.00|
|Government Document||21 Days||.25/Day||34.00|
|DVD (Fiction)||7 Days||$1.25/7 Days||1.25/Day||52.00|
|DVD (Non-Fiction)||7 Days||1.25/Day||52.00|
|| No charge
|YA Fiction||21 Days||.25/Day||29.00|
|YA Non-Fiction||21 Days||.25Day||52.00|
|YA Paperback (uncataloged)||21 Days||.25/Day||13.50|
|*Default cost includes processing fee|
|Microfilm/fiche||$0.20 per page|
|Photocopy||.15 per page|
|Library card lookup fee||$.50|
|Hold not pick up or cancelled after being processed||$.50|
|InterLibrary (ILL)||5.00 per request plus charges of lending library|
|ILL Photocopy||1.20 per page over 20 pages (pages 1-20 free)|